List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] kmail and s/mime
From:       Jesper Fruergaard Andersen <kde () j-f ! dk>
Date:       2006-07-04 10:56:29

I am trying to get s/mime to work in kmail with Danish TDC certificat.
After some trouble I succeded in making the parts that does not require my
private key work. That is I can verify a signed message and encrypt
messages for other people.
The problem of my private key seems to be importing it into kleopatra.
I have my key/certificat in a PKCS#12 file exportet from firefox. I
received my certificate through firefox. If I try to import into
kleopatra it responds with a window saying "Decryption failed".
If I import through the control center it asks if I want kmail to also use
this certificate, but this results in the same error.
I also tried gpgsm --import <<file>>.p12

which results in
----
gpgsm: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpgsm: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpgsm: used in a production environment or with production keys!
gpgsm: gpgsm: GPG_TTY has not been set - using maybe bogus default
gpgsm: gpg-protect-tool: problem with the agent
gpgsm: gpg-protect-tool: error while asking for the passphrase: Invalid
public key algorithm
gpgsm: error running `/usr/libexec/gpg-protect-tool': exit status 2
gpgsm: total number processed: 0
secmem usage: 0/16384 bytes in 0 blocks
----

So my questing is if the problem actually has anything to do with kmail or
if it is a problem of gpg. And do you have any suggestions as to how to
make this work?

I am using Gentoo, KDE 3.5.3 and gpg 1.9.21

--
Jesper
 18:47:21 up 5 days,  9:14,  4 users,  load average: 0.49, 0.45, 0.39