List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kmail header for signed messages
From:       Stefan Gehn <mETz81 () web ! de>
Date:       2006-06-11 17:14:31

Am Sonntag, 11. Juni 2006 03:37 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Sunday 04 June 2006 21:01, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > - does the keyid help users at all? I don't think it does when they
> > can fetch/view keys from within kmail
>
> The id of an unknown key won't help. OTOH, sometimes the id of a know
> key is interesting, but it doesn't need to be shown by default. It
> could be "hidden" behind a Details link.

maybe we should have expandable headers like thunderbird for such cases. For
known keys my keyinfo dialog can display that information but for unknown
keys there has to be something in the mail-view.

> > - does the signing date make a difference for the user compared to
> > the date in the mail-header? otherwise maybe hide it
>
> If the difference between the two dates is too large then it should make
> a difference. But it should be KMail which notifies the user about the
> discrepancy.

what if the user put a mail into outgoing but sends it on the next day? Could
that cause such a discrepancy? It would be confusing for users if kmail
warned about such non-dangerous cases.

> > - I would like to add a "download key" link for manual key
> > retrieval, is adding yet another line of text a good idea?
>
> Can't you add the link to the first line? For example like this:

Already abandoned that idea :(
gpgme is useless and I won't call gpg via KProcess.

Bye,
Stefan aka mETz