List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Decibel: Real time communication as you expect..
From:       Stefan Eilers <stefan.eilers () basyskom ! de>
Date:       2006-05-26 18:15:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi!

We think it is time to raise our voice (and sorry for cross-posting)
and announce a new project, called decibel.

As Phonon wants to integrate multi-media into KDE, we think that it
is time to have a simple integration of real time communication
(chat, VoIP, Video over IP,...) as well. Therefore, we started a
project which wants to provide a simple user space API to integrate
communication capabilities everywhere without much effort! Our basic
fundament will be the tapioca framework (http://tapioca-
voip.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Tapioca) which already provides
many components which are needed to get this job done.

If you are interested, please meet us at <http://
decibel.basyskom.org>. This project will provide free software and
should be available via decibel.kde.org as soon as possible.

Please be patient, this project is just starting and will need some
time to provide something which can be used. But, feel free to get in
touch. We are open for your input and interested what you think!

Mfg., Stefan Eilers
--
Dr.-Ing. Stefan Eilers
Projekt Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-962 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 4213459 |
Jabber: eilers@jabber.org
stefan.eilers@basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

["PGP.sig" (application/pgp-signature)]