List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Defaults for calendar reminders?
From:       Birger Kollstrand <birger.kollstrand () teleca ! no>
Date:       2006-05-24 13:04:56

Onsdag 24 mai 2006 14:22, skrev Reinhold Kainhofer:
> Am Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2006 09:58 schrieb Birger Kollstrand:
> > I have been looking around to see how I can set defaults for Calendar
> > reminders in Kontact.
> >
> > What I would like to achieve is that all new events inserted get a
> > display popup and also one or two sound reminders.
> >
> > Is this possible or must I set this manually at the advanced tab each
> > time?
>
> Currently this is not possible. I have been long planning to implement a
> default template for new events/to-dos/journals, where you could set any of
> the various settings and which will be automatically applied to new events.
> However, due to time constraints this has never been implemented.
Ok. Pleas don't use time on it in KDE 3.x then. I'm guessing that time would
be better spent on the KDE4 version :-)

> Implementing that would not be hard (simply call loadTemplate when a editor
> dialog is created for a new incidence). The hard part is how to implement
> editing the template and make it intuitive for the user.
Maybe a usefull alternative would be to save result from an advanced dialog
usage to the template and then read that when a new appointment is to be
added to the callendar? Would not that releave some work on making a special
dialogue?

Regards Birger

--
Senior Engineer