List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kleo job for fetching public gpg keys?
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2006-05-22 10:15:13

On Sunday 21 May 2006 19:21, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I'm currently a bit lost in libkleopatra. Is there a job that downloads and/or
> imports keys into the local keyring?
> According to the gpgme docs it's similar to key-listing except that you have
> to call gpgme_set_keylist_mode() with GPGME_KEYLIST_MODE_EXTERN as mode (in
> contrary to GPGME_KEYLIST_MODE_LOCAL which is the default one and lists keys
> from the local keyring). QGpgMEKeyListJob only seems to support local
> listing.

I dunno, but please do it asynchronously. KMail has this incredibly irritating habit of
appearing to completely lock-up when you select a message, whilest it is actually trying to
validate a key. This sometimes can take many minutes, especially if the key can not  be found
(as often happens). If you switch desktops, KMail does not even refresh which is very worrying
if you don't know what is going on.

-Robin.
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling