List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] kdepimlibs PLAN
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-15 20:52:59

Howdy PIMsters,

Enclosed is a little plan that I derived from a conversation Volker and I had on #kontact today.
Please review and add your comments/suggestions.
-Allen

--- kdepimlibs PLAN starts here ---
Libraries we want to move into the kdepimlibs module, and what needs to be done
to make it happen.

Minimum requirements for moving a library here:
 1. LGPL, BSD, or X11 license
 2. All dependencies must also meet minimum requirements

BIC stuff (like d-pointers) and complete APIDOX may be completed after the move.

Please drop the "lib" prefix part of the source directory name
(i.e. libfoo -> foo): headers will be installed into include/foo,
but the library name will still be libfoo.so.

Each library foo will have its own foo_export.h that includes the
all visibility macros  (no separate foo_export_win.h)

Candidates for the move:
---------------------------------
gpgmepp
indexlib
kdgantt
kode - ok to move.  kxforms should be in kdepim?  kwsdl??
ktnef
libakonadi - blocked by libkmime
libemailfunctions - die.die.die
libkcal - blocked by libemailfunctions (versit and libical subdirs licensed ok)
libkdepim
libkholidays
libkholidays_ng
libkleo
libkmime
libkpgp
libkpimidentities
libksieve
libsyndication - ok to move
mimelib
networkstatus
qgpgme
--- kdepimlibs PLAN ends here ---

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE