List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] SOC questions
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Aron_Bostr=F6m?=" <aron.bostrom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-27 20:21:11

Hello again,

On 4/27/06, Ismail Onur Filiz <onurf@su.sabanciuniv.edu> wrote:

> Especially for the compact message view project, if we are planning to
> switch
> to a model/view architecture in KMail, working on KDE 3 code would not
> help
> much IMHO. Porting it to KDE4 would almost mean rewriting.

Ok.
I have decided to apply for the full-thread message view (gmail-style rather
than akregator), next week.

All in all, I suppose it's better to work with KDE 4 from the very
beginning, as both Cornelius and Ismail pointed out. It will make it a
little harder for me at a start, as I still haven't been able to build KDE 4
yet, so I'm not familiar with the KMail in trunk. But in the long run, it
will make things easier. Especially after the SoC ends. I guess I just have
to "svn up" the code and keep it as bedside table reading prior to my
application to Google. :-)

This switch to the model/view architecture in KMail; when can I expect it to
"performed"? It would be good for me to know, so I can modify my application
project plan accordingly. Are there any road map documents on KMail for KDE
4? Any other redesigns happening to KMail I should keep in mind?

Hopefully my application will be accepted, though I'm not very confident in
my application writing skills. Thus, I'd really like someone to review my
application prior to its submit.

Greetings,
Aron Boström