List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Proposal: New module "kdepimlibs"
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2006-04-21 16:08:13

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 05:45:19PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> Am Freitag, 21. April 2006 17:27 schrieb Mark Bucciarelli:
> > Looks like akgregator has some stuff that should be pulled out into a
> > lib--the Kaddressbook dependency looks strage.
>
> kaddressbook uses the librss/ from the akregator dir (for the crucial feature
> of loading an image from a blog source)... I pointed this out several times
> (when korganizer depended on kresources, which depended on kaddressbook,
> which depended on akregator...).

Yes, I remember.

We have no librss in kdelibs I guess.

> > Man, you could spend a lot of time analyzing that drawing. For example,
> > cutting what three lines would maximize the chain length reduction? ;)
> > Looks like kresources would be in there somewhere, maybe these:
> >
> > ? ? kaddressbook -> kresources
>
> That's because libkabc is in kdelibs, so all "extensions" of libkabc are in
> kaddressbook/ (better would have been a libpimkabc that is not interwoven
> with kaddressbook). But these kabc "extensions"/workarounds will move into
> libkabc anyway, so this dependency should not be there in kde4.

So another case where the pim code belongs in kdelibs?

So far: likholidays, libkmime, libkabc.

> > ? ? knotes -> kresources
>
> the knotes dir provides the framework for notes resources (so kresources/
> depend on it), while on the other hand it holds the knotes application that
> uses the framework. These two should be split into libknotesresources and
> knotes (the application using them).

Yes.  Or just put it in kresources entirely?

Won't kresources be heavily changed by akondi?

> Ideally, knotes should be able to use the calendar resource framework, but
> apparently the kde 3 libkcal / kresources was not flexible enough :-( Should
> also be fixed for kde 4.
>
> > ? ? akregator -> kaddressbook
>
> move librss to top-level (IIRC, tokoe said that the akregator people wouldn't
> want that...), or use libsyndication in kaddressbook.

The depth of your pimlib knowledge and speed of recall is, I think,
without equal.