List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Error building with cmake
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2006-04-12 11:25:30

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 11:35:45AM +0100, David Jarvie wrote:

> But the fact that you have to edit files just to tell cmake where your
> KDE installation is, concerns me.

FWIU, these Find*.cmake files are under active development, primarily by
KDE hackers. I'm sure patches will be accepted. ;)

> There are various pointers to the location of KDE in the environmental
> variables - PATH contains KDE's bin/ directory, KDEDIR etc (which I
> know is to become obsolete).

I browsed through the FindKDE4.cmake in websvn [1], and it doesn't look
right.

I think KDE4_LIB_INSTALL_DIR is what you are supposed to set.

But I don't see how that can work, as the conditional around the
find_library logic looks wrong:

    if(EXISTS ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/kdecore/kglobal.h)

       message(STATUS "Building kdelibs...")

       [...]

    else(EXISTS ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/kdecore/kglobal.h)

      # ... but NOT otherwise

      [...]

    endif(EXISTS ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/kdecore/kglobal.h)

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake