List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] unsermake to cmake switch in kdepim
From:       Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-04-11 13:46:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I am wondering what the plans are for switching kdepim from unsermake to
cmake.

I tried to build trunk/kdepim with cmake, but I ran into problems here and
there. Especially for my own code (libsyndication), the current
CMakeLists.txt are completely broken. (although people updated them from time
to time, so I wonder if it ever built for them).

It seems some people still work with unsermake in kdepim and don't care about
cmake yet (at least so did I until recently), some try to make it work with
cmake and have a hard time updating CMakeLists.txt due to changes the
unsermake users did in their code.

I think we should fix this mess ASAP.

My suggestion is to proceed as follows:

1) port kdepim to new snapshot, using unsermake (as it's hard to fix the
buildsystem when the code does not compile)
2) make cmake work in kdepim
3) deprecate unsermake

Does anyone with a deeper insight in the buildsystem and cmake know how much
work has to be done? Fixing CMakeLists.txt's is one thing, but I don't know
about configure checks and the like.

Comments?

Regards,

Frank