List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Learning KDE PIM API(s), where to begin?
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2006-04-05 13:19:16

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 08:58:44AM -0400, Chris Humphries wrote:

> Are there pre-requisites that I need to learn with KDE API(s) for this
> project before looking at bugs, or just try to tackle bugs and learn
> as I go?

It's probably easiest to pick the simplest bug you can find, reproduce
it, and then try to fix it. :)

The hardest thing I found (IIRC), was figuring out where files were
in the source tree. Which library, etc. In particular, the resource
framework takes some time to grok because it is abstract, and the code
that does the real work is sometimes two levels down.

http://lxr.kde.org/ is a nice tool for poking around the code. Or just
run ctags on the entire kdepim tree then use Ctrl-] in vim (or whatever
the equivalent is in Emacs).