List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kaddressbook to LDAP conversion HOWTO?
From:       Robin Atwood <robin () binro ! org>
Date:       2006-03-03 10:35:40

On Friday 03 March 2006 14:10, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> Simply create an LDAP resource, and I think there's an option to copy
> from one resource to another.
> Or import back the contacts you exported into an LDAP resource.

Ho, ho! Well done Szombathelyi, that did the trick. Of course, you have to
export the incorrect format, create the LDAP resource and then re-import the
incorrect  file, and then it all works. Couple of problems, though:

o The exporter writes two attributes 'mobile' and 'cellphone', resulting in
    two identical fields being created;
o The jpegPhoto attribute is not written;
o You keep getting a popup reporting "Invalid DN syntax" whenever something is
   saved;
o Saving the address book produces a popup saying it failed.

Now how do I use the database on my other machine? I went through same
resource creation procedure, referencing the other host. The 'Query Server'
function worked as expected but no entries appear in the view.

TIA
-Robin.
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling