List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kaddressbook to LDAP conversion HOWTO?
From:       Helge Deller <deller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-03-02 21:45:41

On Thursday 02 March 2006 20:51, Robin Atwood wrote:
> On Friday 03 March 2006 01:22, Helge Deller wrote:
> > Hello Robin,
> >
> > I'm willing to fix isues, if you summarize/tell me what's wrong with the
> > current format (e.g. blanks in empty lines, escaped commas, ...)
>
> Ok. The results so far:
>
> 1. empty separator lines must contain a blank
> 2. "'," and "+" must be escaped (single "\")
> 3. ",mail=' should not be written when there is no email address
> 4. "mobile:" and "cellphone:" attributes not recognised...
>
> ... which rather makes the whole exercise pointless. Over to you. :)

Hello Robin,

I just looked more into the ldap documentation (I never did before!).
It's much more which is needed than just a few tweaks.
KAddressbook and especially the LDIF-export filter is more targetted at import and \
export of addresses to other mail applications, like e.g. Netscape, Mozilla Mail and \
Outlook. For ldap you need specific schemas, and I don't know how this fits into \
KAddressbooks main goal to provide just an addressbook with import/export filters for \
(external) contacts. I would propose that you open an KDE bugzilla wishlist item \
(http://bugs.kde.org) against KAddressbook. If you do, please add me to CC. Maybe a \
better solution can be realized later and that way it will not be forgotten.

Best regards,
Helge

PS: I do have a basic patch to fix your list above, but as said, this will not be \
kde-pim mailing list
kde-pim@kde.org