List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Akonadi vs. KResources,
From:       Volker Krause <volker.krause () rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2006-02-14 15:14:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 13 February 2006 23:21, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Lunes, 13 de Febrero de 2006 18:22, Allen Winter escribió:
> > Checkout kdepim from branches/3.5 should be enough (assuming you have 3.5
> > installed with your distro) The blogging resource code is in
> > kresources/blogging.
> >
> > All I did was remove "blogging" from the SUBDIRS variable in
> > kresources/Makefile.am. So, just put that back and start hacking!
> >
> > Once you have something working in the 3.5 branch, we can work to forward
> > port it to trunk.
>
> Does this means that it is worth to create something new in the 3.5 branch
> that heavily uses KResources? Isn't its API expected to change a lot?
> Indeed, in the akonadi diagram, KResources doesn't appear, so I understood
> will be kind of replaced by akonadi:
>
> http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/architecture.png

There will be something like KResources in Akonadi, they might have a diffrent
name and API, but the concept of an instance that talks to a certain backend
will stay (see the red boxes in the diagram).
But since by far the most code in a resource deals with the communication with
the server you wont lose much while porting it to Akonadi, even if the API
would change a lot.

regards
Volker