List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [HELP Wanted] Blogging Resource
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-13 17:22:35

On Monday 13 February 2006 11:45, Jan de Visser wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 11:27, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Hi PIMsters,
>
> Allen,
>

> > Just a note to inform you that I just removed Reinhold's (experimental)
> > blogging resource from the 3.5 branch and trunk.  It only partially worked,
> > unfortunately.
> >
> > I think we all agree that having a blogging resource integrated into
> > KOrganizer's Journal component would be a fantastic/killer feature for KDE
> > 4.0 .  Reinhold hasn't had the time to work on it for a while, but
> > (speaking for him) I'm sure he would be happy to have others pick it up.
> >
> > So, here's a neat project for someone.  Perhaps even a newbie looking to
> > make an impact.
> >
> > If you are interested please write back to this list, to Reinhold, or to
> > me.
>
> I've often promised to start contributing, but life always had a knack of
> getting in the way ;-). I'm not promising that this time will be any
> different, but that blogging thing sounds like just the ticket, since it's
> well within my area of expertise: XML-RPC client/server traffic and only
> little GUI. So I'd like to at least have a look and see if I can do anything
> with it.
>
> What would be the easiest way to get the "last known" source, given that you
> just deleted it and I don't have a pim checkout (that's how sad life is these
> days)?

JdV,

Checkout kdepim from branches/3.5 should be enough (assuming you have 3.5 installed with your distro)
The blogging resource code is in kresources/blogging.

All I did was remove "blogging" from the SUBDIRS variable in kresources/Makefile.am.
So, just put that back and start hacking!

Once you have something working in the 3.5 branch, we can work to forward port it to trunk.

So incredibly cool of you to take this on.

Regards,
Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE