List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] openPGP problem
From:       Holger Mueller <xmr001 () euhm ! de>
Date:       2006-01-04 9:12:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Thank you very much for sending the link to the kmail pgpmime howto.
This helped me very much!
I hadn't started the gpg-agent: eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
Now it works again (like with my old kmail < 1.7).

I just have one problem with it. After starting the daemon I get this
message:
can't connect to `/home/hmueller/.gnupg/log-socket': No such file or
directory

The socket file does not exist at the moment. I removed it because I got
another error message before (have forgot the exact meaning).

Unfortunately I do not know how to recreate it. I searched the internet
but I did not find a solution for it. Maybe someone can help me.

BTW: The agent is running anyway (otherwise pgp decryption wouldn't work
with kmail ...):
(hmueller@jedi)~> ps aux | grep gpg
hmueller  4628  0.0  0.0  4716  872 ?        S    Jan03   0:00 gpg-agent
--sh --daemon

(hmueller@jedi)~> gpg-agent
gpg-agent: gpg-agent running and available
gpg-agent: secmem usage: 0/16384 bytes in 0 blocks

Thanks
Holger