List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] 'imap server directory' has gone in kmail (KDE 3.5)
From:       "Carsten Burghardt" <burghardt () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-08 12:00:54

Willi Richert sagte:
> Carsten Burghardt wrote:
>
>>Willi Richert sagte:

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>for some reasons I can only access my INBOX folder on my imap server.
>>>There is no possibility to specify the server directory any more. It is
>>>replaced by the setting of the imap namespaces.
>>>
>>>Any hint how to proceed? Bug? Feature?
>>>

>>What personal namespaces are displayed? What server is it? What did you
>>specify as prefix in your previous kmail version?
>>

> The namespaces are retrieved automatically. I've tried to set them
> manually without success.
>
> Personal:         #mh/,#mhinbox,<Empty>

OK, these namespaces are actually supported by your server.

> Other users:     ~

You can delete this, otherwise you'll get duplicates.

> Shared:            #ftp/,#news.,#public/,#shared/
>
> The Imap server is UW-Imap (University of Washington)
>
> The prefix in the old kmail setup was: /var/mail/folders/richert

That doesn't make sense. Prefixes are relative by definition (according to
the imap rfc). In the case of uw the folders are created in your home
directory and you specify a prefix (overwrite the <empty> part) when you
want to store them in another directory relative to your home (such as
"Mail"). You might try to overwrite the empty prefix with
/var/mail/folders/richert but I can't guarantee that this works as this is
a really broken setup.

Carsten