List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] libkcal time zone handling
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-11-01 22:57:30

On Tuesday 01 Nov 2005 21:18, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:36:19PM +0000, David Jarvie wrote:
> > Having looked at the code in a bit more detail, I think that we would
> > want to use the libkcal recurrence code to represent time changes
> > in a time zone. If so, not much of the libical time zone code in
> > icaltimezone.cpp would be used any more, and the cleanest solution
> > would be to replace it in its entirety.
>
> FYI, karm does not do much of anything with timezones right now.
>
> But I'm watching your notes ... :)

I've now written new classes ICalTimezone*, which are available at:
http://www.astrojar.org.uk/linux/download/icaltimezone.h, and
http://www.astrojar.org.uk/linux/download/icaltimezone.cpp. They are so far
untested - my next job is to write test programs for them. Any comments are
welcome.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.