List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kontact crash
From:       "Craig Howard" <kde () choward ! ca>
Date:       2005-10-10 21:28:49

> The crash seems to have occurred during autosaving. The corresponding
> code that leads to the crash is in kmail/keyresolver.h:
>       Item( const QString & a,
> 	    EncryptionPreference e, SigningPreference s,
> 	    CryptoMessageFormat f )
> 	: KeyApprovalDialog::Item( a, std::vector<GpgME::Key>(), e ),
> 	  signPref( s ), format( f ), needKeys( true ) {}
>
> I have no idea why this could lead to a crash. Marc? Maybe a compiler
> bug? Which exact version of gcc are you using?
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

That was my speculation too.  My opinion is that this is a bug in the
allocator.  That's why I set GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW, so that the memory pooling
wouldn't happen.  That env variable caused the bug to go away last time I
saw it.  Did they rename it again, maybe?  If somehow the pooling got
turned back on again and now it's crashing again, I'm sure it's a libstc++
bug.

; gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 (Debian 4.0.2-2)

Craig Howard