List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] groupwise calendar
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2005-08-24 12:45:46

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 08:43:33PM -0400, Federico Lucifredi wrote:

>  As the lone KDE man in theNovell Cambridge (Ximian) office, I ask for
>  your help :)

Cambridge, Massachusetts? If so, you are not alone--you have a KDE
compatriot in Chris Lee.

>  I have been told that kontact can now connect to a groupwise server,
>  and I am trying to get it to work. Needless to say this being
>  Gnome-HQ, no one here knows how to, or even wants to know, so I am
>  forced to ask for a bit of help (here it is really your fault, there
>  is nil documentation on the topic!).

The pim.kde.org status page agrees with you:

    Support for Novell GroupWise 6.5 has mostly been implemented and
    will be provided with the next major release of Kontact in KDE PIM
    3.4. If you want to help, please contact the KDE PIM team.

ref: http://pim.kde.org/development/projects.php

>  I am setting up Kontact/calendar with
>
>  https://gmail.novell.com:7191/soap/ my groupwise username my
>  groupwise password
>
>  I am attempting to verify that 7191 is the SOAP port used by
>  gmail.novell.com , I gather 7191 is the default.
>
>  I am not sure what else to try. Any pointers are appreciated. This is
>  a default 9.3 SUsE, by the way.

Just checking the basics ... did you setup a Groupwise Resource?

1)  # kcontrol
2)  KDE Components -> KDE Resources
3)  Pick Calendar in Resources combo box
4)  Click Add
5)  Pick Novell Groupwise Server
6)  Fill out info and click Ok
7)  Close kcontrol
8)  Start Kontact
9)  Tell Korganizer to use the new Groupwise Server resource

People are just starting their travel to Akademy, so you may not hear
from some of the more knowledgeable groupwise folks for a while.

If you want to read through the current sources for the Groupwise
connector, you can find them at:

   http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kresources/groupwise/