List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KO/Pi merge
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-31 22:13:17

I worked on the KO/Pi merge at the weekend. At
https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kopi-merge there now is the
KO/Pi code. This is meant for diffing, it probably doesn't even
compile. I tried to reduce the diff to the 3.5 branch a bit by removing
things we obviously don't want to merge, but it's still many tens of
thousands lines of diff against the 3.5 branch.

Does anybody have or can produce a diff against the versions the code
was based on, i.e. a diff of only the changes done in KO/Pi? This would
probably make it more easy to find the relevant changes.

I also added the features we discussed to be merged at the KDEPIM NL
meeting to the feature plan. Please have a look at this list and add
your name, if you are or intend to work on something. Please also
update the status or add missing things, if required.

My attempt on merging unfortunately wasn't very successfull. The code
bases have diverged a lot and it's really hard to isolate changes in
chunks that can be understood and adapted to the 3.5 code base in an
efficient way. With 4.0 this will become even harder, so any help with
merging now is more than welcome.