List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Resource Views Inconsistent
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-26 17:49:33

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 04:46 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Montag, 25. Juli 2005 23:20 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > In the Calendar, To-do List, and Journal components, the Kolab Server
> > resources are in bold
>
> The kolab resource is in bold, because that's your default resource. I added
> this feature last weekend to make it possible in korganizer to see which of
> your resources is the default resource.
I didn't even know I could set a default resource.   How is a default resource set?

> I guess we shouldn't show the subresources in bold, though....

Probably not.  Can you append the string "(Default)" to the end of the default \
resource name? Sorta like what KMail does with the default identity.

> > and there is a very tiny little "dot" to the left of
> > the top-level Kolab Server parent.
>
> That's the resource color that you have assigned to that resource (the "dot"
> is actually supposed to be a rectangle...). In the code the size of the
> "rectangle" was calculated as height of the check list item -13 (!?!?).

Ah... I like the colored rectangles.  Definitely helps me.
I only wish we could figure out how to get the to-dos colored to match their \
corresponding rectangle.

> I now fixed both issues, screenshot attached.
>
> > In the Contact component, the Kolab Server resources are not in bold and
> > there is not a tiny little "dot" to the left of the top-level Kolab Server
> > parent.  See the addressbook_resources.png attachment.
>
> Well, 1) kaddressbook's resource view (which sooner or later should use the
> same widget as korganizer) doesn't have that bold feature implemented
it should
> and 2)  Kaddressbook doesn't use resource colors.
neither does to-do view at this time but, nonetheless, we have a colored rectangle in \
the to-do resource view.

> > Let's decide which is the better way to display the resources and make all
> > the components act in a consistent manner.
>
> As Cornelius already noticed, the best way would be to use the same widget for
> both korganizer and kontact.

Agreed.

-Allen
--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE