List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Recurrences
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-07-24 8:49:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Sonntag, 24. Juli 2005 00:20 schrieb David Jarvie:
> I noticed a mistake in the new Recurrence class, whereby in recursOn() and
> recurTimesOn(), EXRULE with a DATE type

recurrence rules don't have a date or date-time type. They simply inherit it
from the DTSTART. So, you are talking of all-day events.

> RFC2445 says that EXDATE and EXRULE always take precedence. The fix wasn't
> immediately obvious, so I just added a FIXME comment for now.

Since for them no times are involved anyway, I guess many more things can be
simplified.... Anyway, the fix for this is quite simple (if ( doesFloat() )
{ loop through all exrules and check if any matches the date; If so return
false; } )

> I also fixed a bug in the cached recurrence type, in updated(). It used the
> old doesRecur() to set the recurrence type, which now only returns a bool.

recurrenceType() recalculates it now.

> But in any case, since it's cached, why set the type at all until it's
> asked for? So I removed the setting altogether.

Yes, godd observation. It isn't used internally, just for compatibility with
old code. I re-added the comment to make it clear why we set it to a dummy
value, but we don't need to recalculate it in updated().

Cheers,
Reinhold
Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/