List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] One last (?) environment setup question
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2005-07-22 23:41:11

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 10:49:28PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 1. Juli 2005 22:08 schrieb Mark Bucciarelli:
> > I have been taking good notes and will post my writeup when I iron it out.
> > Building two versions of pim is different than building two versions of kde
>
> Really? I have never built two kde versions, but I'm running kdepim head along
> with a full kde 3.4 installation (that also includes kdepim 3.4). Works just
> fine here with the configure from above and the .bash_profile as outlined
> above.

Here are the differences with building two complete versions of KDE.

1. Only download kdepim module from svn.

2. Making the 3.4.1 plugin directory writable by the kdesvn user.

3. Different KDEDIRS and LD_CONFIGURE_LIB settings.

Anyway, no doc as I gave up and am running pim head built against 3.4.1.
:(  The little time I have I want to spend programming instead of
wresting with the build system.