List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Systemusers as Addressbook resource
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-07-11 12:06:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 11 July 2005 14:00, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 04:38:12PM +0200, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi Friedrich,
>
> > How could this be achieved? For one I wonder why noone seems to have ever
> > thought of using one of the first of all addressbooks in the unix world,
> > the entries in passwd (and .plan & .project)?
>
> There was such an resource somewhere in CVS already, but I can't remeber
> where, so I guess it's also outdated ;)

Ian Geiser started something like that, no idea how far he worked on it or if
it is even available somewhere. You might contct him directly.

> > But does the KAddressbook system support mapping? What if one
> > has some other user already in his private addressbook? How could
> > additional contact information not delivered by the system be stored?
>
> This issue will be solved in KDE 4.0, for KDE 3.5 we should use a
> read-only resource.

The only problem I see is that you'll possibly have lots of duplicates in the
addressbook (okay, that alreay happens with the svn accounts and the pim
developer resource anyway).

Cheers,
Reinhold
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/