List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] ldap and addressbook
From:       Roland Marcus Rutschmann <Roland.Rutschmann () psychologie ! uni-regensburg ! de>
Date:       2005-06-30 12:06:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I am trying to use the ldap server to get all emai addresses of our
University. If I use thunderbird I can activate the server either with or
without ssl (both work) and see all available users (in
Edit->Preferences->Composition->Directory Server)

For Kontact I tried the following (I am using the German translation so the
english description might have some flaws):

1. Opening a new resource for kaddressbook (ldap directory) and activating it.
(in the extension window on the lower left)
2. Preferences->kaddressbook->ldap lookup->add server.

For both wayis, if I activate "ssl" I get the following error message:
No connection to (in German "Keine Verbindung zu")
ldaps://ldapserver:636 (which worked in thunderbird)

If I don't aktivate ssl. Looking up addresses via tools works just fine (2nd
possible way).
Activating another address resource (#1 above) works partly but I do only get
a subgroup of members of the university (only students, no staff) and only if
I activate subdirectories (lower left). I chose the Netscape Attribute
settings. Am I doing something wrong here? I probably have to configure
something different here but didn't find extensive documentation (which I
need as non ldap wizard).

Thanks for any help especially with the ssl-problem.

Roland

--
Dr. Roland Marcus Rutschmann <Roland.Rutschmann@psychologie.uni-regensburg.de>
Institute for Experimental Psychology, University of Regensburg