List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Some random notes about KOrg Docs
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-29 14:36:51

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 10:23 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 June 2005 15:08, Allen Winter wrote:

> > > Great! If noone else has any objections to renaming to-dos to tasks (and
> > > sub-to-dos to subtasks), I'm fine with it.
> >
> > I object, mildy.  On the following grounds:
> >  1. people refer to their "to-do lists" and not their "task lists" (at
> > least in the USA)
>
> We had a short discussion a while back:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=109533394005439&w=2
> Also note that evolution and outlook use "task", Apple's iCal uses "to-do".

Well... I'd go with Apple over MS on this.  But I was referring to how people speak
not how technical writers or marketeers or programmers refer to things.
But, again, I'm not strongly opposed to the change.

> > 2. karm is a "task tracker".  I don't think of to-dos as
> > work you need to keep track of time for if korg starts talking about tasks,
> > will users expect tighter integration between karm and korg (maybe they
> > should expect that?)
>
> KArm uses korganizer's to-do list part ;-)

I wonder if KOrg could show how much time has been spent working on a task?

> > 3. why go through all the work to change?  will we
> > need to change all the code comments and classes too?
>
> No, of course we won't change the class names, just the i18n strings (which is
> included in Carlos' patch already).

We really should change the class names and code documentation.
I get confused enough.  Would you be opposed to changing?

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE