List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Losing data in korganizer/kontact
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-06-29 8:16:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2005 13:56 schrieb Timo Springmann:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please confirm this behaviour in kontact (3.4.1)? I'm loosing
> data when I do the following:
>
> * Enter a new appointment
> * Close kontact immediately after entering the appointment
>
> => the newly created appointment isn't saved an so it's lost.

Works just fine here:
-) kontact started up with kmail part
-) I switched to the calendar part
-) Created a new event (selected the time span, started typing, pressed ok in
the editor dlg, in the resource selection dlg I selected the IMAP resource
and the right subresource)
-) Closed kontact
-) After re-starting kontact, the item was there just fine.

> I think the appointment should be saved to the imap server directly after
> creation.

No.

> Or at least it should be saved locally in the imap cache and then
> get uploaded after restarting kontact.

Not quite. It should be saved in the dimap cache, and uploaded when you do a
sync. That's actually what I see here (kontact from kde 3.4.1).

Maybe you can give more details how to reproduce the problem (there might be
small, but crucial differences in how we try to reproduce this problem, so
please describe every detail).

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria