List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kmobile
From:       Helge Deller <deller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-06-27 20:36:16

On Monday 27 June 2005 14:26, Michal Svec wrote:
> Speaking of synchronization with mobile phones, mostly kitchensync and
> kandy are mentioned. But how about kmobile? It has recently (3/2005) some
> new code for Nokia calendar support, so how usable is that thing?
>
> BTW it is not even compiled by default ...

I still have some code on my harddisk, which features a plugin for \
multisynk/kitchensync and which uses kmobile as a backend to access the phone. This \
worked for me, with syncronisation of phone numbers and calendar entries, but the \
general code is currently not working as it is documented. Furthermore there also \
seem to be a few bugs in kitchensync/multisynk which I have been too lazy to dig \
into. If you are interested in the code I may commit...

The reason it's not enabled by default is, that KDE PIM people weren't sure in the \
past, if KMobile could be a backend for kitchensync. Since there hasn't been any \
progress in this discussion and my limited time, it's currently disabled.

Regards,
Helge