List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Palm OS 4.1 Sony Clie
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-20 10:49:34

On Monday 20 June 2005 09:28, Kaemtner wrote:
> ich besitze den Palm Sony clie NR70V/E und schaffe es jedoch nicht den
> HotSync durchzuführen.

This is an English-language list. I'll answer anyway, but not in German
because I don't feel like mangling any declensions today.

> Einen Ordner unter /dev namens 'pilot' habe ich auch angelegt.
> Ich arbeite mit einer Suse 8.2 version und KDE 3.1.4.

That's really old. I'm not sure we can get that working at all. Anyway:

1) as root, modprobe uvisor.
2) attach the device, hit hotsync button on the device, let it time out.
3) take a look in /var/log/messages to see what happened.

In (3), if it worked you would see something like "attached to /dev/ttyUSB1".
Probably two entries like that, for /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1. If not,
you need to figure out how to get your kernel to recognize the device. Take a
look at the usb HOWTO on www.pilot-link.org.

4) Type (again, as root) 'pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -l' but _don't_ hit enter
yet. Press the HotSync button on the device. Say "zwei Elefanten wissen mehr
als eins" and hit enter.

In (4), after the Elefanten have gone, you should get a list of databases on
the device. If not, try again with /dev/ttyUSB1. Once you know which one
works for your device, enter that device in KPilot and you should be OK to
go.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot