List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] A Buglet in Kontact's Appointment Summary
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-06-19 14:10:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 17 June 2005 12:45 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:40:26PM -0400, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
>
> Hi Allen,
>
> > I was hoping the following would work, but it doesn't:
> > void SummaryWidget::selectEvent( const QString &uid )
> > {
> >   KOrganizerIface_stub iface( "korganizer", "KOrganizerIface" );
> >   if( iface.editIncidence( uid ) )
> >     updateView();
> > }
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> I guess it's the old, well known KOrganizer bug, that the changed event
> isn't stored back to the calendar, so other instances doesn't know
> anything about the change.

He? Which well known KOrganizer bug would that be? The only bug that I know is
that inside kontact, the observer interface doesn't work too well.  But that
can't be the problem here, because the view update is initiated anyway. And
the changes work on a pointer, so the changes will be inside the calendar
immediately.

Cheers,
Reinholdd

Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria