List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Some comments about the events/to-dos dialogs
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-06-15 7:52:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 22:59, Benoit Gariod wrote:
> Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> >In these cases it would be really helpful if there was a non-intrusive way
> > to add incidences to a specific resource.
>
> Map them to categories?

1) We don't have a category hierarchy, the last category is used for the
color. So it will happen that two events from the same resource will still
have different colors (and furthermore, category colors are used for the
background, resource colors are used for the frame of the event, so there is
a difference between them).
2) If we add a category for each resource, and you copy an event to a
different resource, how will that category ever be unset (should it be
removed at all?)
3) If we use the name of the resource as category, the users will start
thinking that they can change the resource of the event by simply setting the
category. => Oops. That's more confusing than helpful.

Reinhold
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * K Desktop Environment, http://www.kde.org, KOrganizer / KPilot maintainer