List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Some comments about the events/to-dos dialogs
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-06-14 20:44:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 21:24 schrieb Carlos Leonhard Woelz:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:03:08 +0200, "Reinhold Kainhofer"
>
> <reinhold@kainhofer.com> said:
> > Another idea: I'd like to have a third option for adding new incidences:
> > (o) To the default resource
> > (  ) Ask for the resource to add the item to
> > (  ) Add to the resource selected in the resource view
> >
> > The last option would make it easier to add events to different resources
> > without having to ask for the resource for each incidence. The downside
> > is
> > that the selected resource might not support that type of incidence at
> > all...
>
> In my opinion, that would complicate matters further without bringing
> sufficient benefits.

I have my usual calendar on the Kolab server, plus the calendar of our choir,
which is a remote file on our choir's ftp server (with a resource color so
that I can see if I add events to the wrong resoruce).
Whenever I want to add a choir event, I need to add it to that file, and just
for that reason, I have set the option "Ask for the resource", which is
really annoying in 95% of all cases (when I add a private incidence).

In these cases it would be really helpful if there was a non-intrusive way to
add incidences to a specific resource.

> The default resource (defined on kcontrol) should
> be used as the default resource, otherwise, that would render the
> kcontrol config useless. The best (simple) solution would be adding the
> possibility to set the default resource on the resource view.

And then I'd have to switch the default resource whenever I want to add a
choir incidence, and then switch it back? That's really error prone. And I
don't want all other members see my dates ;-)

Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, TU Wien, http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at