List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Some KOrg doubts and points
From:       Carlos Leonhard Woelz <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-10 0:42:18

Hi,

Here are some general doubts about KOrg, especially the KOrg resources. Later,
I will write a mail with some random thoughts about it, but for now I will
stick to the doubts:

I say in Cornelius blog that Feature plan, bugzilla and Journals as blogs on
server are not complete: if you don't answer, I will understand as "not ready
yet, ask me later"

Feature plan resource

- What does the cvs check box? Does it work?
- What is "filter e-mail"? Should that work for me?

Bugzilla

- I keep getting a "malformed url" pop up message, when the resource is not
  read only.
- How can it change anything if I don't supply a password for bugzilla?
- If it is writable, what bug characteristics wil be editable?

Journals as blogs on server

- What blog servers are/will be supported? How can I test it?

KMail imap

- Is this useful for something else than Kolab/Citadel? Can I use it with any
IMAP server?

Local Dir

- Is there any advantage/disadvantage compared with a local resource?

Network File:

- Does the autosave settings in the config dialog conflict with the resource
settings?
- Why is the upload location different from download?
- Does it keep a cache? Is there conflict resolution (i.e. what happens if the
  user opens the file from 2 different computers?)

Exchange:

It is time to remove plugin workshop from the handbook., Do I replace it with
the new resource? Is the new resource stable enough to get attention?

GroupWise:

Is there support for journals?

Correction on strings: use of todo instead of to-do. I am planning to correct
and commit the strings directly to svn. Any objections?

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz