List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Developers gallery
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-09 14:26:07

On Thursday 09 June 2005 08:59, you wrote:
> On Thursday 09 June 2005 16:32, Don Sanders wrote:
> Yeah probably the most appropriate way to credit me is as KAddressBook
> Founder, KDEPIM Co-Founder, KMail Adopter, and Kontact C-Founder.

The purpose of the Developer's gallery as far as I'm concerned is to document
who is doing what _right now_ so that people have a name and a face to turn
to for help. I'm already confused by the variety of titles we're using, so:

1) Founders have been removed. This belongs in some historical overview of PIM
development.

2) Roles wrt. specific applications are "developer", "core developer",
"(co-)maintainer". KMail and KOrganizer have co-maintainers; I've changed
Reinhold to a co-maintainer for that (he and Cornelius were labeled
inconsistently).

2a) I don't particularly give a rat's ass about the titles unless we can
explain what they mean. I'd ditch the "core developer" moniker and settle on
two terms, with the following meaning:
	* developer: knows his or her way around the code, is a useful source of
information and help
	* maintainer: vets patches for inclusion and may back out stuff if needed

2b) (2a) notwithstanding, any PIM person can commit anywhere in PIM and fix,
revert, or screw up whatever they want. That's personal responsibility, and
you know you will be pissed on as needed (or not offered a single beer ever
again at PIM meetings).

3) Again, if I've left out development roles relevant to KDE PIM that you
fulfil, please let me know. And / or give me a 50x75 portrait photo of
yourself.

4) I note none of the libraries have developers or maintainers. It might be
useful to slap together a _different_ mapping, doing subdirs -> people.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot