List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Differences in URL handling code in libkdepim and KMail
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-06 22:56:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 06 June 2005 20:52, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2005 22:59 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > Volker added news: for KNode. That's probably why it's not handled
> > in KMUrlClickedCommand::execute(). Cleaning that up would be a good
> > idea.
>
> Hm, it's far less room to improve than I thought on a first glance.
> Anyway, here is my proposal. I've rearranged the protocols
> alphabetically in three places. I've added a comment about "news:"
> and I've changed the comment about the place in KMail to care for
> when making changes.
> The news: protocoll is now highlighted and handled in KMail too.
>
> Do you think it's worth that rearrangement, or should I simply add
> news: to KMUrlClickedCommand::execute()?

Actually the protocols shouldn't be sorted alphabetically but by
probability of occurrence. Since http:// URLs and simple www. URLs are
probably the most common URLs they should be checked first. OTOH vnc://
URLs are terribly uncommon and could be moved to the end.

If you want to do some rearranging with frequency of occurrence in mind
then go for it. If not, then simply add the 'news:' URL.

Regards,
Ingo