List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Announce: A Kolab Shared Calendar and To-do List
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-03 1:11:35

Howdy,

Thanks to Matt "Dunk" Douhan we have a kolab2 groupware solution available [1].

Matt created a kdepim calendar and task folder for us today, and Till and I started a \
KDEPIM to-do list. You'll probably need to ask Matt to give you write access to these \
groupware folders, but if you add the kolab account and sync up you should see a \
Kolab Server/user/kdepim/kdepim-ToDo folder (in Korganizer todo view)

I started putting things under the KDEPIM/<firstname.lastname> hierarchy.
Feel free to add your own to-dos to share with the group.

Our idea is to put short term or "focus areas" in this to-do list.. this is not an \
attempt to duplicate the info in bugs.kde.org.

If you have items you only want to share with a subset of the group you could put \
them in your personal folder Kolab Server/inbox/Tasks  and set the access controls to \
whomever you want.

I'm still learning all this groupware stuff myself so I may have incorrect \
terminology but I think you get the idea.

Oh, and of course we can start sharing calendar appointments too using Kolab \
Server/user/kdepim/kdepim-calendar

Discuss.

Regards,
Allen

[1] http://dot.kde.org/1117544382/

PS. I have noticed some strangeness with Korganizer and kolab2.  Sometimes Korganizer \
gets confused and I have to restart it to work correctly with Kolab Server.  But \
that's a different discussion.

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE
KDE e.V. Member