List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Kontact Plugin
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-01 1:56:44

Hi Andrew,

I cc the kde-pim list in case some one else can help.

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 12:28, Andrew J Ford wrote:
> Don,
>
> I'm currently developing a plugin for Kontact to add some CRM
> functionality (as an aside:  It also utilizes Kolab for its
> backend).  I have most of it built except for a few minor bugs.

This sounds cool. I believe we've had several requests for CRM.

> My problem is getting Kontact to recognize my plugin.  I tried
> compiling the test plugin that comes with the KDEPIM source, but it
> didn't compile.  I've determined that I didn't have plugin.h,
> core.h, and core.cpp correctly installed.  I used a Debian package
> to install KDE3.4 and it apparently didn't install that.

I see. It's been awhile since I tried building the test plugin.
Perhaps the code is out of date.

> I copied
> these files and edited Makefile.am accordingly to get it to
> correctly work, but no success.  Is there a tutorial for a Kontact?

I'm not aware of any tutorial on how to build a Kontact part. If there
is no better suggestion then I suggest looking at how the existing
Kontact parts work like say the KAdressBook.

>  I've successfully created Konqueror KParts part for myself and I
> don't imagine that this is much different.  Please help.

If you're still stuck in a week feel free to bug me again.

> If there is no current tutorial available, then when I'm finished
> with this plugin I could create a tutorial for others to use.

That would be very nice. I'm not aware of any tutorial. Hopefully the
list will correct me if I'm wrong.

> Thanks in advance for your help.

Don Sanders.