List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPassivePopup issues
From:       Matt Douhan <matt () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-05-29 17:37:22

On Sunday 29 May 2005 17.06, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> invalidpop->message( errorMsg, this ) calls
> KPassivePopup::message( const QString &caption, const QString &text,
> const QPixmap &icon, QWidget *parent, const char *name=0, int
> timeout=-1 ) and thus overwrites your timeout with -1 which means "use
> default".
>
> > the timeout of 1 second is never adhered too, it is always the
> > default timeout of approx 5-6 seconds.
> >
> > ANy ideas how I can make it respect the timeout ?
>
> Call invalidpop->message( QString(), errorMsg, QPixmap(), this, 0, 1 );

Yes this does indeed solve the issue where the timout is not reckognised.

> > ALso calling invalidpop->hide() does not hide the popup either so
> > something is weird.
>
> I don't know why because interally it also calls hide() when the user
> clicks on the passive popup or when the timer times out.

this is the hard part, I think for the kabc validation this needs to be
instant, we cannot wait for the timeout to occur, it should work in such a
way that we call show() and hide() when needed instead lof using timeouts,
luckily I have a long travel day tomorrow where I can mess with this

--
Matt Douhan
kontact + toltec + Horde + kolab2 == success