List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Problem building KDE-PIM
From:       thorsten () staerk ! de
Date:       2005-05-29 7:07:30

> Hi All,
> I am trying to build kde-pim.
> I have downloaded it as described on the site and then I ran:
>
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure
> make
>
> But I got the following errors:
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/mnt/wxp/Projects/Kontact/kdepim/kabc/kabc2mutt'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/mnt/wxp/Projects/Kontact/kdepim/kabc'
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/wxp/Projects/Kontact/kdepim/kabc'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/wxp/Projects/Kontact/kdepim/kabc'
> Making all in kaddressbook
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/mnt/wxp/Projects/Kontact/kdepim/kaddressbook'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/wxp/Projects/Kontact/kdepim/kaddressbook'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/wxp/Projects/Kontact/kdepim'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Any idea? Am I doing anything wrong? (sorry I am a newbie with KDE
> development)...

this can be anything. Two most possible reasons:
1) you fetched the code when it was broken
2) automake/configure/... made an error

To overcome these issues,
1) do an svn up in your kdepim-directory
2) do make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure && make
this will stop as soon as an error occurs. The first error needs to be fixed.

to know if anything has been changed centrally, and to verify you got the
right files, have a look at
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/kaddressbook/ All the files there
must be at you also (not the other way round).

Please stick to the "normal way" (regarding autoconf etc.) as far as
possible. Best would be if you can say "I did a default SUSE 9.3 install,
confirmed every setting that was suggested".

ok, maybe come back if you get an error during configure or so.

Thorsten