List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] LDAP search speed
From:       Andreas Gungl <a.gungl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-05-23 19:00:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

based on my last exercises with our Kolab 2 server I got the following
experience:

Searches in a large amount of address data are quick when composing a message
in Mozilla, but slow when using the Mozilla addressbook.
Kontact behaves in exactly the opposite way. Searching for a name in
KAddressbook (in the KPart as well) is pretty fast. If you type a name into
the To field in the composer of KMail, the search is slow.

Can anybody tell me about the differences in the LDAP access in both cases in
Kontact (i.e. addressbook and mail composer)?
IMO it would be good to have the same speed as Mozilla in the composer unless
there is an important reason to have a more complex search in Kontact.

Andreas