List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kde_widgetdir
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-05-22 8:36:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Sonntag, 22. Mai 2005 10:24 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> So I guess kde_widgetdir is always set to the directory containing the
> kdewidgets.la file. You could try whether making a symlink from
> $PREFIX/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.la
> to /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.la makes it work.
>
> Of course, the best solution would be to support multiple widget dirs.
> But this is only possible if uic supports multiple search path for the
> widgets.

Yes. On the other hand, the current solution makes it impossible to compile
and install kdepim 3.4 on a kde 3.3 system as a user without root access...

Actually, for compiling kdepim the widget dir is irrelevant (the widgets are
still found), only after installing the widgets wouldn't show up in designer
and uic probably wouldn't be able to compile files with these widgets. But
then, they are in internal pim libraries anyway, which are subject to bic
changes, right?
So these widgets are mainly targeted at kdepim developers... So I don't see
such a  problem if the widget plugins would be installed in the pim-$prefix
instead of the libs-$prefix... pim developers typically know who to ask if
they need these plugins (as I said, you don't need them too often!). And if
anyone uses these widgets in a .ui file in kdepim, he'll have to manually
adjust the include pathes inside the .ui file anyway.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/