List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] IMAP namespaces
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-05-16 9:53:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag, 16. Mai 2005 11:27 schrieb Carsten Burghardt:
> Am Montag, 16. Mai 2005 10:51 schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
> > >
> > > This is not kmails fault but the standard behaviour of uw! It lists
> > > everything in your home dir and there is _no_ way to detect something
> > > like this.
> >
> > Yes. But an application should *NEVER EVER* lock up (in this case it was
> > even when the user didn't do anything, but the automated mail check was
> > triggered). This will simply scare the hell out of a user.
>
> If you get a listing of thousand of folders in one go you'll get problems,
> no matter what you do. At least your harddisk will get into trouble
> creating all these folders. But this behaviour did not change with the
> patch.

Yes. I wasn't talking about that patch.
I was talking about the old behavior of KMail with our uw-imapd server.
Actually, I haven't recompiled kmail since you commited that patch. I was
just criticizing the old behavior of kmail.

Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, TU Wien, http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at