List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] IMAP namespaces
From:       Matt Douhan <matt () fruitsalad ! org>
Date:       2005-05-16 8:49:02

On Monday 16 May 2005 10.25, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 22:38 schrieb Matt Douhan:
> > On Sunday 15 May 2005 22.35, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> >
> > 1, What ARE namespaces and what are they used for?
>
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2342.html

LOL thanks :)

> > 2, I have a uw-IMAP server, can I do anything to help debug that problems
> > with duplicated folders?
>
> Remove the "~" namespace from the list of namespaces (other users I think).

well "other users" also holds the user/ kolab namespace which is all folders
shared by my fellow kolab users at work, and I rather not loose them folders.

> > 3, Some folders in my tree are now grey and some are blue, does this have
> > to do with namespaces?
>
> Yup, folders that can have no content (such as namespace folders) get a
> grey icon now to make this easy visible. You'll notice it when you try to
> copy an email there but it's probably easier with an icon.

This is fantastic, makes it dead easy to distinguish between types of folders,
I really like this feature and I am hoping I will like the rest just as much
once I understand it.

Keep banging me with the cluebat and finally I will understand. :)

rgds

Matt

--
Matt Douhan