List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KAddressbook: Import csv list problems.
From:       Lutz Rogowski <Lutz () Rogowski ! info>
Date:       2005-04-30 8:26:17

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

>>>I know, but with the current concept of fields it doesn't work.
>>
>>Why that?
>>One category should be no problem.
>>Or what is the problem?
>

> Exactly, it works only with zero or one categories. As soon as a contact has
> more than one category, how shall it be sorted?
>
> Reinhold

I think, the question is: Does the csv file contains categories or not.
And if it contains mor than one category, it must be somehow separated, e.g.
with a ".
E.g. firstname and categories:
  "Lutz","KDE,WORK"
It is no problem to read the value KDE,WORK and split it.
All you need is a "category separator char" config option in the import dialog
to make it working for the case the separator is not a ,

A csv file with
firstname,categories and country, like
Lutz,KDE,WORK,Germany
Reinhold,KDE,Germany

is obviously broken and it is the task of the program which writes the csv file
to do it properly.
But I think there should be no problem to import
"Lutz","KDE,WORK","Germany"
"Reinhold","KDE","Germany"

Lutz