List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] questions about name formatting with kabc
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2005-04-27 14:55:10

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 10:17, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 15:59, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 April 2005 09:54, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > > Additionally, the format for the automatic formmatted name ("Firstname
> > > Lastname" as opposed to "Lastname, Firstname" etc.) is a
> > > KAddressbook-specific setting. So in the addressbook conduit, you can't
> > > access them, and always need to set the formatted name to some default
> > > format. Thus the user's preferred formatted name format will simply be
> > > lost.
> >
> > Yikes.
>
> Sorry, I didn't express it clearly: The setting itself will not be lost
> (since we can't access the addressbook config). But the formatted name will
> not be in this format any more.
> Reinhold

Right, I understood you correctly.  =:)  I think it's bad that we'd overlay
the formatted name that the user might have previously specified just so that
kaddressbook displays something in its "Formatted Name" column.  I'd feel
much better if kpilot's addressbook conduit _never_ touch the formatted name.

--

 `
 ,