List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kitchensynk's kabc/kcalresource konnector rewrited.
From:       Simone Gotti <simone.gotti () email ! it>
Date:       2005-04-17 21:42:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 14 April 2005 09:41, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 14 April 2005 00:42, Simone Gotti wrote:
> > 1) why does in the configuration, only Active resources can be selected?
> > In this way an user has to play with kcontrol/kaddressbook/korganizer to
> > activate the desidered resource also if it doesn't want to see it in
> > kab/korg.
>
> That's a limitation of the framework. We should get rid of this for KDE 4
> and replace the global active state by application-specific active states.

Ok. my kde 3.x temporary solution was to use all the available resources
instead of the only active ones. I tried and it worked quite well, as the
konnector won't save the resources configuration so when we made them
temporary active for our pourposes their active state isn't saved and the
other programs doesn't show them as active. What do you think?

BTW. Thanks to Holger I made locally some changes to the patches, I'll provide
them tomorrow If i remember to do it. But I'd like to hear comments from some
kresources experts on their implementation and if I was right when I said
that the previous implementation wasn't ok or if I didn't understood nothing
on how the kresources works. ;-) .
In this way I'd like to commit them for at least kde 3.5 with other future
patches to the kitchensynk framework.

Bye!
--
Simone Gotti