List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [UPDATE] libical 0.24
From:       Lutz Rogowski <Lutz () Rogowski ! info>
Date:       2005-03-27 22:19:08

Allen Winter wrote:

> I see a few differences between your libical-0.24 and mine.  Is that \
> because one of our versions is newer or because you made local changes?   \
> I picked up the RC4 version from sourceforge. Do you have code newer than \
> that?

No, mine is the 0.24.

But I merged some (useful) changes/bugfixes from the libical version of the \
KDE cvs.

And maybe there are some fixes to make it compile on Windows as well.

In general you have to do a diff libical 0.24 / libical in KDE-Pim/Pi.
And apply the changes which makes sense to the new libical 0.24 in KDE cvs.

I believe I have merged libical version of the KDE cvs, version Juni 2004 \
and  the  libical 0.24
properly - but I may have overlooked something important.

And there are some more changes in the current libical in KDE cvs compared \
to  the current libical in KDE-Pim/Pi.
I think that changes should go in the new version as well.

> > If you have more questions - please ask!
> >

> I certainly will.  I haven't looked that closely at icalformatimpl.cpp \
> but since you have a fork it will be more difficult to find the changes \
> needed for libical-0.24.

Ok, a diff will not help.
But simply look at the corresponding methods where the compilation fails.
Because both version are storing incidences it should be not too difficult \
to  find the differences and apply them to libkcal.

  Lutz

--
Lutz@Rogowski.info
Phone / Fax: +49 700 ROGOWSKI