List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [RFC] Backwards compatibility of CVS HEAD
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-25 11:36:31

On Friday 25 March 2005 00:18, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> since Tobias has just committed code which, according to his own words,
> only works correctly with CVS HEAD I wanted to know how we procede now
> that KDE 3.4 has been released and development towards KDE 3.5 has
> started. Do we want to continue maintaining backwards compatibility
> against KDE 3.3? Or should we go for compatibility with KDE 3.4?

Keeping 3.3 compatibility would mean tightening our current policy of being
compatible with the latest stable library release (which is 3.4). Do we
really want that? I personally won't develop with 3.3 libs anymore.

On the other hand I don't see any critical new features from kdelibs 3.4 we
would really need, so if it makes the life of some developers more easy it
probably doesn't hurt. Or do I miss any 3.4 libs features we would need?