List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Is anyone interested in debugging IMAP?
From:       "Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-03-18 12:46:40

Hi Till,
Reply below.
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 06:22 pm, Till Adam wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> On Friday 18 March 2005 01:59, Paul C. Leopardi wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > In other words, I don't know enough about how IMAP is implemented in
> > KMail to be able to immediately make a useful contribution to fixing the
> > code. The kdepim/kmail/DESIGN does not help much, because it does not
> > mention IMAP. The code still, to me, looks like it is need of an audit,
> > or at least a walkthrough, to ensure that all errors are handled
> > appropriately.
>
> [snip]
>
> First of all, thanks for your willingness to help with this. The review of
> that code you are doing has been something I need to look into for a long
> time (too long). Short answer for now, as I don't have time to dig into
> your mails right this minute: Yes, there is brokeness in there. Long answer
> will follow this weekend, when I'll finally alot time to this issue.
>
> Thanks again, we are in dire need of qualified help, so your contribution
> is very much appreciated. And please excuse our utter (although manly and
> righteous) lack of documentation and design documents.
>
> Till

Thanks for your response. I am somewhat qualified, although utterly ignorant
of both KDE and IMAP, and I am also very time-poor. I am in the final 4
months of my PhD in Mathematics at UNSW, and desperately need to get on with
my writing up. Trouble is, I use Kmail/IMAP all the time, and so am intrigued
by the error handling, debugging etc., and so do what I can.